A fresh take on outdoor education. Get your colleagues together with GOS Instructors for a session full of practical tools & hands-on experiences to level up your work as a teacher outside of the classroom.
Play the games, engage the challenges, and share in a rich conversation on the tools & frameworks of nature connection, and our changing roles ans educators. This is an effective option for teachers, EAs, ECEs and principles ready to leverage the outdoors for huge results in learning and development.
$55 / per participant,minimum 15
Outline & Content
Choose between a 3 hour or day-long session. Your place or ours.
• Why Outside? Nature Connection as Foundational to Cognitive Function & Emotional Balance
• The Art of Questioning: Leverage Child Curiosity and Brilliance
• Curriculum Links: Nature Connection as a Window into all curriculum strands
• Designing For Success: The Flow Learning Model
• The 8 Shields Framework for Nature Connection as applied at The Outdoor School and in the Classroom.
• Developing the Student: The attributes of nature connection.
• Changing the conversation: Nature Connection versus Nature Education
• Q & A: An opportunity to workshop your questions, concerns and ideas with other practitioners.