no prior naturalist knowledge needed.
Learn the tools for outdoor education based on curiosity, art of questioning, and the core routines of nature connection.
Outline & Content
Choose between a 3 hour or day-long session. Your place or ours.
• Why Outside? Nature Connection as Foundational to Cognitive Function & Emotional Balance
• The Art of Questioning: Leverage Child Curiosity and Brilliance
• Curriculum Links: Nature Connection as a Window into all curriculum strands
• Designing For Success: The Flow Learning Model
• The 8 Shields Framework for Nature Connection as applied at The Outdoor School and in the Classroom.
• Developing the Student: The attributes of nature connection.
• Changing the conversation: Nature Connection versus Nature Education
• Q & A: An opportunity to workshop your questions, concerns and ideas with other practitioners.
For Rates, Further Details & Scheduling: