Calling all Teachers, ECEs, Principals, and Student Teachers. The Invisible Classroom is a full day Professional Development option for anyone who works in the field of children's learning and development . This workshop is a delve into a supportive framework and back-pocket tools for creating a rich experience for kids in the out of doors.
Key Principles in this training include:
• You can be very effective in supporting kids in nature, without being a seasoned naturalist, or having strong knowledge of ecology.
• Integrating outdoor time with your class will have significant and lasting results on all the metrics: social & interpersonal, cognitive & academic, physical and emotion.
• With the right tools, your school yard and surrounding outdoor spaces are adequate to support meaningful outdoor immersion experiences.
• Design a day-plan that is ergonomic for kids
• Outdoor Immersion & Sensory integration as the foundation for the higher executive / cognitive function & emotional regulation we want for the kids we serve.
• Art of Questioning: questions over answers for significant results in student engagement, retention, curiosty & focus.
• Games as a window into learning & development as well an effective means of fostering class culture & cohesiveness.
• Linking Nature Connection with Curriculum
• Q&A on outdoor learning & development tools and process.
• Turning up the volume of fun in the classroom :)