Awareness Games, Mapping & Hazard ID, First Aid & Fire Kits.
Preparedness is awareness.
Awareness is preparedness.
This PD Session is a message to young people that they can take an active roll in caring for their community and keeping others safe.
Inspired by GOS staff training w/ our beloved Chris Gilmour @ Changing World Project.
Preparedness for Kids is about:
• knowing edible, medicinal, poisonous & noxious plants in the region
• awareness of the cardinal directions, and protocol for being lost
• preparing a small first aid pouch
• expanding our skills in listening and clear speaking
• practicing shelter building capacity • tending our fire skills
• tuning into the signals of the birds
What better way to bring inquisitive focus & sustained awareness to an active mind by providing real world scenarios, risks, and adventure?
Fun, light, and age - appropriate, this day-long is an invitation towards higher levels of responsibility, focus, commitment to community, competence and self-esteem.